July 20, 2014

Looking Up

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Psalm 19:1

About a year ago we went to Phoenix for the boys' spring break. It was the first time I had been that far west and I was amazed at the expanse of sky that was there! I grew up the the mountains, in a wooded neighborhood, and I live in a wooded neighborhood now. I'm just used to being nestled among the trees, and they offer their own kind of beauty and comfort. I wouldn't want it any other way.

But, I also love being in the expanse of vastly open sky, and today I found myself in a place where you can see forever in every direction.  It was beautiful and in that expanse where I felt rather small, I was reminded of just how big God's creation is...and how far reaching His arms.

Its good to be out of the forest, looking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)