July 11, 2014

To the Hills!

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?   My help comes from the Lord , who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

Today I took a trip up the mountain to my hometown. It was perfect timing - I needed to go meet with someone about an art commission,  I've been long past due a visit to my aunts, and there was a regional quilt show going on. It all made for a busy, fun day!

Being a poor keeper of linear time, I had to think hard to realize it's been over 2 years since I came up to visit my aunts! Life gets busy...I'm just glad everything worked out for making the trip this weekend.

The meeting went well, the quilt show was lovely, and the time spent with family is priceless. The drive up and now through the mountains was so beautiful. I forgot how encompassing being surrounded by the Blue Ridge feels. It was like being nestled down into a place of great comfort...like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)