July 07, 2014

Oh Deer!

As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.
Psalm 42:1

Tonight we once again took the boat out to fish, the eldest and I.  I love being out there...it's so peaceful.  We hadn't been out long when we saw a deer in a clearing near the water's edge. It was alone...not skittish, just slowly making its way. Of course I thought of this verse. And the music written around it. God sends us all kinds of reminders of Himself...eyes to see. Made the time on the lake even more peaceful.

We stayed until dark. I caught 3.75* plus a stick.  :) He caught 10. He's the fish whisperer.

We had a blast. ♡

(* 3.75 = 3 in the boat, one almost in the boat which counts as .5, and .25 for one of the biggest hits ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)