June 01, 2014

Fragrant

But I tell you that not even King Solomon with all his wealth had clothes as beautiful as one of these flowers.    Matthew 6:29 

Where I live there is one thing that says Southern and that is the Magnolia tree. We have a huge one in our side yard, actually it is several clustered together, and its peak is about, oh I don't know, 50 feet in the air. Maybe more. It is majestic. And it is blooming.

Today I sent my youngest out the door with a pair of scissors on a quest to find a single blossom to bring in. He found the perfect one and it now graces the center of my kitchen table. Its scent is heavenly! 

While I was at it I decided to bring in some Nandina blossoms, just enough to fill a small vase in the foyer. They are so pretty!

It's the little, simple things...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)