June 13, 2014

Spa Day

The regular beauty treatment for the women lasted a year —   Esther 2:12a

Well, mine only lasted 2 hours, but it was still awesome! Today I ended work early enough to go get a mani-pedi.  That's not a big deal to a lot of women,  they do that all the time.  But I seem to only manage that little luxury, oh, every 2-3 years...or more. I'm hard on my hands. Between artwork, sewing, gardening, housework, measuring buildings...you get the idea. Let's face it, I'm not a high maintenance gal. And I've never been good at justifying the cost of something  I'm likely to mess up within the first 2 hours of having it done.

But, today seemed like a good day to splurge a little. And it was nice! I saw two good friends from church there and sat beside someone I hadn't seen in ages, a furniture rep from my early days in design. There was that brief moment of 'I know I know you but from where' and it was fun to finally make the connection.

It was nice to be pampered,  and so far I haven't chipped a thing! I'm ready for the weekend, all prettied up. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)