June 20, 2014

Timing

Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

I've been working on a special birthday present this week, and discovered late today I needed extra material to complete it. And of course I have to have it finished tomorrow! It is a scrappy quilt, and I was trying to use what I had on hand but was about a yard short for the backing. Its a very soft, old-fashioned color scheme, not my usual bold and bright. So, I headed to the quilt shop near my house, 30 minutes before closing time, and once there went straight to the sale rack to see what I could find.

A two second glance found the PERFECT fabric! Not just a "make do" but perfect. On sale at almost half price!!

I scooped it up and headed for the cutting counter to get what I needed. While the lady was measuring it out to cut and we were gushing about how perfect it was, one of her coworkers walked up and said, "isn't that one of the ones we just put back there today?"

Lord, thank you!! I needed that hug from You today. Your timing is perfect.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)