June 02, 2014

Garden

While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.  
Genesis 8:22

Today the first greens were picked. Not a lot, as the season is still young and the plants are still growing. But I wanted to make a green smoothie for breakfast so I walked out to the garden to see what I could find. It was so pretty this morning...the grass was wet with dew, birds were chirping, and the sun was just climbing over the trees.

I picked some kale,  leaf lettuce,  and pinched the leaves off of some celery. Just a handful all together but just enough to blend in with peaches and blueberries.  I had a yummy breakfast!

Having a cottage garden is so rewarding. There is nothing better than just picked, fresh from the garden produce! I can't wait until everything really starts coming in.

Seeds sown with an expectation of harvest...nature's reminder of God's faithful provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)