May 08, 2014

Catching

For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken,
Luke 5:9

My sixteen year old son took me fishing tonight. Just the two of us, out floating in the boat with birds chirping and as night began to fall the sounds of tree frogs carried across the water. It was blissful.

And the fish were biting. Catching is always more fun. :)

I caught three and he caught four. Not bad for a little more than an hour on the water. But my biggest catch was that time spent one on one. I'm too keenly aware of how fleeting time is. All too soon he will be off to college and I will wonder where the time went.

For now I will treasure days like today and the time spent catching memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)