May 12, 2014

Work

May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.  Psalm 90:17 

I had an important presentation today. It was a redo...the first selections I had brought before my client, a new client, were not the look they were after. That rarely happens...in fact I can't really remember it ever happening. I'm a very intuitive designer, but my idea of pattern and theirs was very different. So I was a bit nervous going in today. I wanted to get it right this time. I prayed for favor the whole way there.

They loved it. 

My next meeting went well also. This client is one I've worked with for several years but they have a new property manager and this time around I'm also working with the building owner who is in town. I had never met either, but both are very nice, and they have quite a bit of work for me to do. I am so thankful for that! The economic downturn really hit the construction industry hard and it's so encouraging to see things moving in the right direction.

People have told me they think I'm talented. I don't know about that. I just know I pray a lot. I pray for work to do, and for the work of my hands to be blessed. I pray for direction. So I have to give God the credit. Any gifts I've been given are His.

I just work at being led by Him.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)