May 03, 2014

Music

"It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High,"   
Psalm 92:1

Tonight we were treated to a piano "concert" by our niece who is staying with my in-laws for the weekend. They came over for a cookout and while I was getting things done in the kitchen she sat down to play. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the first piece she played was one I played in a recital when I was about the same age she is now. That made me smile. She played through several other classical pieces then started sight reading one of my favorite arrangements of "Be Thou My Vision'. Love, love, love! And then "As the Deer"...another favorite! Classics are great...hymns, though, are the best!

There is just something wonderful about live music drifting through the house, especially when mingled with the aromas of a good meal being cooked and the sound of family conversations. 

It was a feast for the senses, all the way around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)