May 14, 2014

Change in Plans

Every good gift and every perfect present comes from heaven; it comes down from God, the Creator of the heavenly lights, who does not change or cause darkness by turning.
James 1:17

Things don't always go the way that you plan.

Today was supposed to be a "desk day." Time in the office to get specs done on one project, a proposal done on another, selections made for another. But a client asked if I could bring some prints of their building over "like nowish." As in drop everything and drive into town. Ugh.

So I did. 

I was able to get enough done before I left not to be behind when I got back. And I figured while I was out I'd tackle a few errands. I grabbed a plan from another project, some couch cushion covers to take to the cleaners, a list for the store, and off I went.

I got to town just a bit ahead of my time for dropping off the prints so I popped over to the arts district to see an exhibit I've been wanting to see. But the gallery was not open! Drat. Another plan diverted. I went into the shop next door to fill the time and ended up finding the cutest salt and pepper shaker set...which I wouldn't have done had my plan not been redirected. Simple gift, yes, but one that makes me smile.

After my client meeting I took the couch cushion covers to the dry cleaners. Turns out that they are washable and don't have to be drycleaned. Finding that out was a nice gift! 

Then I hopped across the street to the knit shop to see if they could help me with the socks I had almost finished (well, sock. The first of the pair). The lady who had taught the class I took was in and she graciously sat down with me and was able to jog my memory. One sock is now completed! Learning to knit is a gift...I like new challenges.

On my way home I was able to swing by another client to review a new layout for a space they are considering, and then I hit the store with my list getting that task done.

Not at all the day I had planned, but so many nice things happened! 

Our plans may change, but God never does. And how wonderful are the gifts He gives, even when, and today delightfully because, plans get changed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)