May 25, 2014

Rest

And Jesus concluded, “The Sabbath was made for the good of human beings; they were not made for the Sabbath.   Mark 2:27 

After several days of hard labor in the yard, today was a true day of rest. We had a family church time at home this morning...no rushing to get dressed and out the door today. We spent time at the in-laws having a mini family reunion with all of my husband's siblings (from out of town and state) for lunch and most of the afternoon. We put the boats in the lake and fished, and then met friends for dinner out.

Admittedly I am not good at stopping. I'm pretty driven and with two teenagers, two dogs, a busy consulting business, and a traveling husband my cup is always full to overflowing. But I'm learning to make deliberate time for rest. It is God's plan for our benefit.

And it's great... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)