May 23, 2014

Washed

Remove my sin, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  Psalm 51:7

I've been on a mission to clean up the yard. Beds have been edged, weeds removed, and for two evenings I've been pressure washing the front porch, sidewalk, and steps to the driveway. We had the sidewalk replaced seven years ago and I'm not sure it's been washed since. Maybe once? But for sure and certain it was gross, the steps had moss and all kinds of weeds and junk growing on them, and the front porch had enough dead plants on it to look like we had moved. Yuk!!

But now? It looks brand new!

Little by little the dark, dingy sidewalk revealed a clean, bright white. And the further I went along the dirtier I got from the spray. There was some grime being flung and by the time I was done I was covered in yuk from head to toe!

All the while I was cleaning I thought about how God through Christ washes us clean. About how He took our "yuk" upon Himself so that we could be clean and made like  new. How that Grace powers through the deepest layers to remove the yuk to the point that it's like it was never there in the first place.

Just the way I felt after showering and watching it all go down the drain.

Blessed...washed...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)