May 09, 2014

Flowers

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Matthew 6:28-29 

It's Mother's Day weekend and as we do around here, we started celebrating early tonight. (That's how we roll with reasons to celebrate...birthdays last a week!) We've been doing some things around the yard and the guys decided they wanted to give me a special plant to add to what we've done. I suggested a white knockout rose bush. I had seen some at Lowe's earlier in the week and thought they were pretty.

Since it's Friday night and we always do something together, we all went to Lowe's to pick out a bush. They had a huge lot of knockout roses, but no white ones! I asked, but the guy said there weren't any left. We debated on the pink ones, walked around a bit and debated on the hydrangeas, then wandered back to the roses to pick out a pink one.

And then...my sweet husband saw one lone white one in the middle of all the pink ones! It only had a couple of blossoms open so it was easy to miss. Impressive, especially since it was dark outside when we went. 

I can't wait to plant it and watch it grow. Flowers always make me think of this verse in Matthew 6, my favorite chapter. We will put it at the end of the driveway, so whether we're coming or going we will have a beautiful reminder of God's provisions, mercy, and love.

I'm one happy, blessed mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)