April 06, 2014

Contentment

"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."  Philippians 4:11b

There were lots of things good about today. I got to see a special friend who I've not seen in a while. She has been recovering from a stroke and I've been in a non-stop recovery from a cold/crud that's been hard to shake, and I haven't wanted to risk passing that on. But I'm better and she's making great strides in her recovery, and seeing her made my day!

It was a quiet day around the house...got a few little things done to get ready for the week ahead. Spring Break is over so it will be back to the hustle and bustle of the school routine, back to work and deadlines. Back to life.

We had a great meal tonight - home cooked chicken parmesan! And as I write this the rich smell of brownies is wafting through the house as we await the ding of the oven timer. Everyone is just hanging out together, with both dogs blissfully snoozing at our feet.

Today at church the closing hymn was It is Well with My Soul. It's an old hymn, written in 1873. If you don't know the story behind it you can read about it here. It's a beautiful hymn, made even more so when you know the story.

With a peaceful feeling of contentment, tonight I can say as it does, Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)