April 01, 2014

Seeking...

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:13

It may be cliche, but it's true. You find what you're looking for. Look for trouble, you'll find it. Bad news? All you have to do is turn on the TV. It's there...in great abundance. As if that's all there is. Even my kids have commented about how bad the news programs are, and I didn't even think they were paying much attention. Truthfully, I try not to watch it too much. Enough to know what's happening in the world but not enough anymore to be steeped in the repetitious gloom and doom. Don't get me wrong, knowledge of tragedy is necessary to be moved to action, and I do believe that we all have a responsibility to reach out and help everywhere we can. 

But where's the good news?

I don't know about you but I need more than the snippet of feel-good story occasionally tacked on the end of the nightly news. We need to see what's good in the world, that there's an abundance of good things! I need to see that. I want my kids to see that too. So this journey begins. To seek God's gifts in the ordinary. To have open eyes...eyes to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)