April 09, 2014

Growing

"The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with their seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."  Genesis 1:12

Today was a run from one thing to the next kind of day and truthfully it had a few too many frustrations. Frustrations are stumbling blocks meant to distract us from seeing the good things God puts around us, and it's easy to be sidetracked by them. On days like that I have to be even more purposeful in keeping watch for what was good!

On the way home between two meetings today I noticed that both of my apple trees have started putting out leaves. I'm so excited about that! They are still twiggy babies, just planted last year. I know it will be several seasons before they bear fruit, but seeing the signs of life returning to them made me very happy.

They are growing. So am I. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)