April 21, 2014

Walking

"Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways."
Proverbs 4:26 

Today was a busy day, but I got a phone call from a friend asking me to go walking this morning so I took time out to do just that. We met up at one of the town parks. It's a hilly hike and I only made two loops before I got winded. Made it a bit over a mile. Did I mention the hilly part? :)

Still, it was a beautiful, sunny morning with just enough chill in the air to wake us up. The park trail winds through the woods which are full of blooming dogwood and cherry trees and the first hints of green. So pretty! We grabbed a cup of coffee afterwards before I headed back to the tasks of the day. It was fun...it felt good.

Walking was on my agenda today, so it worked out well. It's something I need to do more consistently...I need to work on being steadfast in my efforts. 

That little time out was good for thinking through the rest of the day. And in spite of a jam-packed schedule, everything got done.  

Life is indeed good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)