April 04, 2014

Now and Then

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I have to say, I'm liking this Spring Break thing! We went adventuring a bit today and finished up with a pizza and wings dinner. The day was full of more laughter and some eye rolling on my part (I'm hanging out with three guys...you can imagine... :) and over dinner we talked about future plans...things we'd like to get done around the house, long weekend trips we'd like to take, colleges we might visit over the next year, what special things we'll do for 8th grade graduation, summer cookout ideas...it was fun!

It's good to savor the moment, to be fully present in every today we're given. That is where memories to be cherished are made. It's good too to think about fun things that can be done in the days ahead.

And it's really great, every now and then, to set aside special time for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)