April 23, 2014

Designer

"He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them skilled workers and designers."  Exodus 35:35 

Today a good bit of my time was spent working on a lighting plan and making preliminary selections for fixtures for one of the coolest interior design projects of my career. I've been selected to do the interiors for the restoration of a 1909 Neoclassic beauty. Originally a stately home, over the years it's been converted to commercial property, and in recent years it has been empty. 

Not your everyday project! 

I'm loving the challenge of finding just the right things to bring it back to life. There are so many beautiful details in this place - leaded windows, a grand staircase, inlaid wood floors. Imagine the life of its original owners, the formal parties they must have had! If walls could talk... I just love the history such places hold!

And boy do I ever feel blessed to have been the designer chosen for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)