April 25, 2014

Gifts

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."   1 Peter 4:10 

What a day full of wonderful surprises! I met a friend for coffee early this morning and she bought mine for me. That was an unexpected gift...and anyone who knows me knows I love coffee! What a nice way to start the day. Then a long time client (like 24 yrs!) offered me 4 tickets to a Winston-Salem Dash baseball game...and anyone who knows me knows we're a baseball family! That was an unexpected gift too! Then my youngest offered to cook dinner...he made pasta Alfredo - from scratch! Another unexpected gift! It was delicious. He's quite the chef and he's only 14. 

Good things that came in three...after the day I had yesterday they were like hugs from God. I needed that. 

It wasn't just a day of receiving unexpected gifts. On Tuesday I sent two of my Pay It Forward pet portraits in the mail, with an expected delivery of today or tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how they like them! PIF was something I started doing last year. I love the idea of sharing a gift of artwork at an unexpected time throughout the year! Last year I did fiber art, this year it's pet portrait pencil sketches.

God gives us gifts to receive and gifts to share. It was good today to experience both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)