April 11, 2014

Getting to Hope

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."  Romans 5:3-5

I had to go to the DMV License Plate Agency today.

Land of the mile long line and multi-hour wait.

Yuk.

But, the weather was beautiful - yes the line was way out the door - and the people in line around me were really nice. So it turned out to be good! The time passed quickly enough.

I had to turn the tags in on my husband's car because it's due for inspection which can't be done because it's still at the dealership awaiting a wiring harness to replace the one that caught the car on fire last September.

Yes, last September. 09-2013.

Evidently wiring harnesses are hard to come by.

Yes we've suffered. It's hard to be without a car. We're at the "running" stage of parenthood. But we've persevered. I've learned  to take the reality in front of me and make do, making the best of the circumstances I've got. I've been frustrated, but I'm trying to keep a right attitude that reflects good character.

And I hope it will resolve soon!!

That's where I am...getting to hope. And I have every confidence that God will work it all out.

He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Please be kind and keep it positive... :)